|Hawaii Fishing Tips
The opportunity to be on a boat ready to catch fish, enjoying
the beautiful scenery, and the camaraderie with the crew of the
boat is the best experience in fishing you can find. Here are
some helpful tips to enjoy fishing.
1. Choose a boat wisely. A boat that meets your needs and your
goal on what to do with the fish you catch are the things to
consider when choosing a boat for Hawaii Fishing Trips.
2. Choose the appropriate Island in Hawaii that meets your
desired duration of the Fishing trip. For shorter trips, choose
an Island in Hawaii that has deep water right near shore. These
islands are ideal for shorter trips in fishing where catching
fish won't take long.
3. Consider bringing tackle, bait, ice and fresh water. Confirm
with the boat company if they will provide these items. Tackle
is a set of pulleys and ropes assembled to facilitate the
mechanisms for hoisting and pulling. Bait is for luring the
fish. Ice is for keeping the catch fish fresh during the trip.
Fresh water is for thirst quencher during the fishing trip.
4. Wear comfortable clothes that are suited for a hot summer
day. T-shirts and shorts are the best pair of clothes to wear in
fishing. An extra T-shirt will also be useful.
5. Consider bringing a baseball style cap for shading. This is
effective in shielding the hot rays of the sun during the
6. Bring polarized sunglasses to see the fish in the water.
7. Closed toe boating shoes are highly recommended to use. They
are made for keeping the feet from slipping when action gets
8. Bring food and drinks if the boat company won't provide these
items. Cans are better than glass for drinks. Chips like Cheetos
and Doritos for snacks seem to go well at sea.
9. Don't forget to bring medicine for seasickness. To minimize
feeling seasick, take an 8-hour sleep before the fishing trip.
Being fully awake and active before the boat leaves the dock
will help prevent from feeling seasick all through out the
10. Eat a full meal at dinner and a light breakfast before the
11. Don't forget to bring sunscreen. Sunscreen with SPF of 30 or
higher is highly recommended to protect the skin from the
harmful UV Rays of the sun.
12. Decide before the trip on how to get at the harbor for the
fishing trip in the morning. Either choose to take a cab or rent
Using these tips will go a long way towards having an enjoyable
day of fishing.
About the author:
Jay is the web owner of http://www.fishing-in.net Fishing Reports, a website
that provides information and resources about fishing, tackle,
lures, and fishing trips. You can visit his website at:
Hawaii Sport Fishing
If you're coming to experience Hawaii sport fishing, you have one heck of an adventure awaiting you! Anglers from all over the world journey to these deep blues waters teeming with trophy fish. This is where you come to get the big ones. In fact the...
Fishing Kayak! Reel Fish Enthusiasts Can Now Tackle Their Favorite Fishing Spots With Ease
The fishing kayak is a wonderful introduction and compliment to the outdoor sport of catching fish, and kayak fishing has enabled the enthusiastic anglers the opportunity to take their much-loved sportfishing activity on the go with great...
Best Lures To Use In Fishing
The evolution of fishing gear and accessories along with the
development of the bass fishing industry brought about the
development of various lures specifically used for different
There are many types or class of lures and...